Rockland St Mary pub landlords there for long haul
The new landlords at the only pub in a Norfolk village have pledged to stay for the long haul after a succession of temporary managers in the last few years.
Mick and Paula Walker took over the lease at the Punch Taverns-owned New Inn in Rockland St Mary last October and the pub will get a major refurbishment with external decorations and signage starting later this month.
The couple have no previous experience running a pub but are being helped out by their four children who range in age from 12 to 26.
Mrs Walker said: 'It's a really nice village with some great locals and it's been going brilliantly since we moved in. Everyone has been really supportive.
'Villagers are glad that we have arrived for the long-term, as there have been a lot of temporary managers in charge at the pub in the last few years.'
You may also want to watch:
Before they took over, Mr Walker was a self-employed management consultant, and Mrs Walker was a nurse.
The Evening News has been supporting pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Is anything special happening at your local in Norwich? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.