Rock band Walkway to play 1000th show in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
They've opened for Status Quo, The Darkness and Slade, but now Walkway are preparing for one of their most special shows to date.
The rockers from Diss are about to hit a landmark achievement some artists can only dream of - performing their 1000th gig.
Taking place at The Waterfront Studio, Norwich on Saturday, July 8, the show will coincide with the release of their third studio album, WWIII.
Recorded earlier this year the album contains 12 new songs plus a tribute to late Status Quo member Rick Parfitt.
Chris Ready, lead singer of Walkway, said: 'To reach the 1000th show landmark is a milestone which we are really proud to achieve.
You may also want to watch:
'To also tie this in with the launch of our third album makes it even more special. We've played some amazing shows over the years, including shows up and down the UK, in Europe, plus playing with some truly legendary artists.'
He added: 'We look forward to releasing our best record to date on what will be an unforgettable night.'
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals