Rock band Walkway to play 1000th show in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
They've opened for Status Quo, The Darkness and Slade, but now Walkway are preparing for one of their most special shows to date.
The rockers from Diss are about to hit a landmark achievement some artists can only dream of - performing their 1000th gig.
Taking place at The Waterfront Studio, Norwich on Saturday, July 8, the show will coincide with the release of their third studio album, WWIII.
Recorded earlier this year the album contains 12 new songs plus a tribute to late Status Quo member Rick Parfitt.
Chris Ready, lead singer of Walkway, said: 'To reach the 1000th show landmark is a milestone which we are really proud to achieve.
You may also want to watch:
'To also tie this in with the launch of our third album makes it even more special. We've played some amazing shows over the years, including shows up and down the UK, in Europe, plus playing with some truly legendary artists.'
He added: 'We look forward to releasing our best record to date on what will be an unforgettable night.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor