Showaddywaddy gig cancelled after sprinklers set off at Great Yarmouth Britannia pier
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
It was too dangerous for the concert to go on.
Music fans were left disappointed after a rock concert in Great Yarmouth had to be cancelled half way through.
Rock and Roll band Showaddywaddy were performing their live show at the Britannia Pier last night when the sprinklers were set off.
Some of the band's equipment was damaged as a result of the sprinklers being set off and the conditions in the pier were too dangerous for the show to carry on.
A spokesperson at the Pier said 'We believe this was a malicious act but it hasn't been confirmed. We're checking through our CCTV at the moment so hopefully we'll have answers.
You may also want to watch:
'We really appreciate how helpful everyone has been and we're in the process of sorting out something for those who were at the concert, whether that's a refund or vouchers.'
The stage was cleared up overnight and all Saturday shows will be going on as planned.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops