Showaddywaddy gig cancelled after sprinklers set off at Great Yarmouth Britannia pier
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
It was too dangerous for the concert to go on.
Music fans were left disappointed after a rock concert in Great Yarmouth had to be cancelled half way through.
Rock and Roll band Showaddywaddy were performing their live show at the Britannia Pier last night when the sprinklers were set off.
Some of the band's equipment was damaged as a result of the sprinklers being set off and the conditions in the pier were too dangerous for the show to carry on.
A spokesperson at the Pier said 'We believe this was a malicious act but it hasn't been confirmed. We're checking through our CCTV at the moment so hopefully we'll have answers.
'We really appreciate how helpful everyone has been and we're in the process of sorting out something for those who were at the concert, whether that's a refund or vouchers.'
The stage was cleared up overnight and all Saturday shows will be going on as planned.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals