Robotic reindeer leads festive fun at Christmas lights night in Norwich
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A robotic reindeer roamed a Norwich shopping centre as hundreds of people flocked to its special festive lights night.
Smiling youngsters took in the Christmas sights around intu Chapelfield last night, including the twinkling lights on the towering Christmas tree and a group of musical elves.
And families huddled under umbrellas as children queued for more than an hour for the chance to go inside a giant snow globe on Chapelfield Plain.
Toni Bentley, of Bowthorpe, was there with her daughter Charley, aged six, and relatives, and said it was worth the wait.
'I think we got about 1,000 photos of them in the snow globe,' she smiled. I think their nanny was quite keen for them to get in there for the experience. We saw the musical Christmas tree three times and the robotic reindeer was brilliant. The children were following it around.'
Sian Barker, of Queen's Hills, was at the lights night with her sons Kieran, aged five, and Lucas, four.
'They think it's great,' she said. 'They made their own stockings with their names on.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
Other attractions included a Christmas Karaoke booth, a mini stage with competitions, performances and giveaways and live music.
The shops at the centre were open til 9pm as shoppers enjoyed the free entertainment on offer.