Roadworks warning: The places to avoid in Norfolk and Suffolk between 6-12 November
- Credit: Matthew Usher.
Highways England has revealed which areas across the region will be affected by new and ongoing roadworks over the coming week. Here's everything you need to know.
• A11 Thetford: bridge joint replacements
Work to replace bridge deck expansion joint on the A11 bridge over the little Ouse near Thetford will begin this week overnight between 8pm to 6am. A clearly signed diversion will be in place from the Norwich Road Roundabout towards Thetford, onto the A1066 at the next roundabout, returning to the A11 at the A134/A11 roundabout.
• A11 Tuttles to Spooner Row southbound: survey work
Overnight work to carry out condition surveys of the A11 southbound between Tuttles Lane and Spooner Row junctions will start on Tuesday 7 November for two nights (8pm to 6am). While works take place the road will be closed and a signed diversion in place via the B1172 Norwich Road.
You may also want to watch:
• A11 Norfolk and Suffolk: vegetation clearance
Overnight work to improve journeys by clearing vegetation along the A11 verges continues this week between Newmarket and Norwich for up to seven weeks. Lane closures will be in place past the section being worked on northbound or southbound overnight, between 8pm and 6am.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
• A11 Spooner Row to Besthorpe: carriageway repair and resurfacing work
Work to repair the southbound services slip road and resurface the southbound carriageway will take place this week. The southbound A11 will be closed between Spooner Row Interchange and Blackhorn Road in Attleborough between 8pm and 6am until Wednesday 13 December. A clearly signed diversion will be in place.
• A47 Acle Straight: surface repairs, markings and safety improvements
Work to repair the carriageway, renew markings and install safety improvements along the A47 carriageway between Acle roundabout and Vauxhall roundabout will take place between Friday 3 and Wednesday 22 November. A full closure of the A47 carriageway between the Acle roundabout and Vauxhall roundabout will be in place. A clearly signed diversion will also be in place.
• A47 Norfolk: vegetation clearance
Work to improve journeys by clearing vegetation along the A47 verges continues this week between Acle and Lowestoft. Mobile lane closures will be in place past the section being worked on overnight, between 8pm and 6am, for up to two weeks, weather permitting.
• A47 King's Lynn, Norfolk: bridge repair works
Work to repair and replace joints on the Saddlebow bridge over the A47 at King's Lynn began on Monday 23 October and continues fpr approximately six months. Saddlebow bridge will be closed to vehicles during this time and a clearly signed diversion route will be in place.
• A14 westbound Kentford to Newmarket, Suffolk: carriageway repairs
Overnight maintenance work to restore sections of the A14 westbound between Kentford and Newmarket continues until 1 December. Working hours are 8pm to 6am on weekdays overnight only, weather permitting. Overnight this week, the A14 westbound will be closed at Junction 42 Westley interchange with traffic directed to follow a signed diversion route via the B1106 towards Fornham All Saints, west on the A1101 towards Mildenhall and south on the A11 at Barton Mills Five Ways roundabout to re-join the A14 westbound at Junction 38 Waterhall interchange. This work will switch to single lane closures on 20 November for one week and return to full closures on 28 November, also affecting the A11 southbound.
• A12 Essex & Suffolk: barrier repairs
Permanent barrier repairs following accident damage will take place this week at various locations along several short sections of our roads in Essex and Suffolk. There will be single lane closures past the sections being worked on from Monday to Friday overnight between 8.30pm and 6am only.
• A14 junction 52 Claydon, Suffolk: slip road widening
Work to widen the westbound entry slip road for the A14 at junction 52 will continue to take place this week. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the next A14 junction.
There will be a full weekend westbound carriageway closure in place from Friday 10 November 8pm to Monday 13 November 6am. A clearly signed diversion will be in place.