Roads in Great Yarmouth closed for hours as machinery falls off lorry
- Credit: James Bass
Police closed roads in Great Yarmouth this morning after a piece of machinery fell off the back of a lorry.
Officers were called at 10am to reports that a large object had fallen from the back of a lorry in South Quay.
No one has been hurt, but a number of roads will be closed in the area for several hours while a crane is brought in to recover the object.
Road closures will be in place on the Hall Quay/South Quay junction, the Nottingham Way/South Quay junction and the Yarmouth Way junction.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 5 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 6 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 7 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 8 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 9 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue