Road reopens after elderly man is treated at the scene following two-vehicle collision in Lowestoft
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
An elderly man has been treated for a back injury following a two-vehicle collision, which led to a road in Lowestoft being closed.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the crash on Church Road, Lowestoft, which happened earlier this morning (Wednesday).
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 11.25am to reports of a two-vehicle collision in Church Road.'
A spokesman for the ambulance service added: 'EEAST received a call today at 11.25am to reports of a collision on Church Road in Lowestoft. A man, believed to be in his 80s, had complaints of back pains. We dispatched a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance crew, with the man treated for his back injury before being discharged at the scene.'
With Church Road closed 'between Water Lane and Winnipeg Road' for a couple of hours as the vehicles were recovered and the casualties were treated, police said the road was reopened at 1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft