Busy A146 road reopens after crash causes ‘significant’ delays
- Credit: Archant
A busy road had to be closed as emergency services dealt with a crash on the A146 at Yelverton.
Fire crews from Carrow and Earlham, Norfolk Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were all called out following a collision on the A146 Loddon Road at Yelverton about 9.40am on Saturday, May 11.
A person had to be cut free from their vehicle following the crash on the main A146 road between Norwich and Lowestoft.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Crews from Carrow and Earlham released one person from a road traffic collision involving a vehicle on Loddon Road.
"Crews also assisted ambulance crews with casualty care and made the vehicle and the surrouding area safe."
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police Tweeted that there was likely to be "significant delays" for all road users, with the road reopening at around 11.05am.
Border Bus Tweeted: "A146 at #Yelverton has reopened after earlier RTC.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
"146 buses between #Norwich and #Southwold reverting to normal route."