Road remains closed after lorry hits bridge in Wymondham
- Credit: Archant
A road is Wymondham remains officially closed after a bridge was damaged when a lorry collided into it.
Chapel Lane was closed between the Tuttles Lane West junction and the Melton Road junction on Tuesday night.
However, yesterday, despite there being warning signs at either end of the road section, motorists were able to drive through and many did so, leading to reports the road had been re-opened.
However, it is understood the road is still closed and unsafe to use because of the damage to the bridge.
A lorry hit the bridge, which goes over the Mid Norfolk Railway line near the junction of Chapel Lane and Tuttles Lane, at around 10pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Miranda Leivers, who lives in Wymondham, said: 'From the tyre marks, looks like the driver was lucky not to drop down to the train track'.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire