Road opened to Lowestoft motorists
A Lowestoft road that remained closed because of a long running wrangle is finally open to traffic.
Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council have announced the sections of road which form part of Kirkley Rise providing public access to Clifton Road car park and private premises, are now open.
A spokesperson said: "Although a number of issues have yet to be resolved, this is a positive development, in time for the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival the following weekend.
'We are hoping that this year's festival is the best yet and providing this extra parking for local residents and visitors can only be a good thing for the town."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries