Road hole closes Beccles town centre
Beccles town centre is closed off this morning after a large hole opened up in the street.
The hole, which is about 10 feet long, has opened up outside Pennington Opticians in Blyburgate.
The pavement has collapsed into the cellar of the building leaving a gaping hole at the front of the shop.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 7 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 8 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 9 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 10 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
A Suffolk Police spokesman said the hole was reported shortly before 5am today, and heavy rain overnight has been suggested locally as a possible cause.
Structural engineers are expected to attend in the next hour.
Police have cordoned off the road and diversions are in place.
The police spokesman said Suffolk County Council and the gas board have been informed.