Road has reopened following serious crash in Fakenham which injured four
Four people were taken to hospital this morning following a serious crash in Fakenham, but none of their injuries are thought to be life-threatening.
The accident happened just after 10.30am on the A148 between Trap Lane and Water Moor Lane involving a white Volkswagen and a dark blue Ford Focus.
Police closed the road for nearly five hours and a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said they sent two ambulance crews, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and both the Norwich and Cambridgeshire-based air ambulances. They also sent an emergency care practitioner.
They initially treated a woman in her mid-70s for chest pains before taking her to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn by land ambulance.
A primary school aged child was also treated for chest pains and seatbelt related injuries before being flown by air ambulance to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital.
A woman in her mid-30s and another child were also taken to the N&N but none of the injuries were thought to be life-threatening.
Police reopened the A148 this afternoon at 3.11pm after a full highways investigation was carried out.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
They are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should call Norfolk Police on 101.