Road closures and bus travel details for Lord Mayor’s Celebration weekend
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend has finally arrived - but how are you planning on getting around the city?
Here is our most up-to-date travel information.
On the roads:
Closures from 12.01am Friday to 11.59pm Sunday: Bethel Street between St Peters Street and the Forum Car Park, Gentleman's Walk, St Georges Street, Brigg Street, St Peters Street.
Closures from 6am Saturday to 6am Sunday: Malthouse Road, Theatre Street, Rampant Horse Street, William Booth Close.
You may also want to watch:
Closures from 1.45pm to 7pm on Saturday: Newmarket Road between its junctions with Mile End Road and Ipswich Road.
Closures from 3pm Saturday to 1am Sunday: Agricultural Hall Plain, Arcade Street, Bank Plain, Bank Street, Bedford Street, Bishopgate, Castle Meadow, Castle Street, Cattle Market Street, Chantry Road, Chapelfield East, Chapelfield Road (both directions between car park entrance and St Stephens roundabout), Davey Place, Exchange Street, Farmers Avenue, Gaol Hill, Hay Hill, Haymarket, Kingsley Road, Lobster Lane, London Street, Lower Goat Lane, Opie Street, Orford Hill, Orford Place, Orford Street, Market Avenue, Palace Street, Pottergate from Lower Goat Lane to Lobster Lane, Queens Road (between St Stephens Street and All Saints Green), Queen Street, Red Lion Street, Redwell Street, Rose Lane, St Andrews Hill, St Andrews Street between Exchange Street and Queen Street, St Martin at Palace Plain, St Stephens Road, St Stephens Street, St Stephens Square, Surrey Street, Timberhill, Tombland, Upper King Street, Victoria Street, Westlegate, Whitefriars, White Lion Street and Wood Street.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
From 3pm Saturday to 1am Sunday: vehicles will be permitted to use Upper Goat Lane and only buses, cycles, hackney carriages, and private hire vehicles will be allowed to travel in the Grove Road Bus Lane to Brazengate.
Closures on Sunday 7am-7pm: Bedford Street, Pottergate, Lobster Lane, and St Benedict's Street from Charing Cross to St Swithins Road.
And there will also be changes to bus services:
Today there will be temporary bus stops on Surrey Street and All Saints Green (outside John Lewis) for bus departures affected by road closures in the day.
After 7pm, buses will run from Norwich Bus Station.
Harford, Airport and Sprowston Park and Ride buses will run until 7.30pm, and there will be extra Park and Ride services to Thickthorn until 11pm.