Road closure in Wangford after crane overturns
- Credit: Billy Cooper
A road in the village of Wangford has been temporarily closed after a crane overturned causing damage to the road surface.
Police were called at 8am this morning to reports of a crane in a ditch on Hill Road, Wangford.
A police spokesman said: 'It has caused a bit of an issue, with structural engineers there to inspect the road and Highways are dealing with the incident.
'The crane needs to be recovered and the road has been closed, with diversions in place. It may be some time before the crane is recovered.'
It is understood that the crane is completely on its side, and there are no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk County Council spokesman said an emergency road closure had been put in place in Hill Road.
Alternative routes for motorists to use are either the A12 or B1126 roads.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
The road is expected to remain closed until January 23 when repair work is expected to be completed.