Road closure in Thetford while work carried out to help alleviate flooding problems
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2011
The School Lane and Bridge's Walk junction will be closed for much of March as a storage chamber is built to help alleviate flooding problems in Thetford.
Anglian Water have said properties along School Lane (also known as Bridge's Walk) have had problems with internal flooding for a number of years.
Work on the chamber is proposed to start on Monday, March 6 and completed on Friday, March 31 and will be located at School Lane and Bridge's Walk junction.
In order to carry out the works, the junction will be closed with a diversion via School Lane, Tanner Street, Raymond Street and Nether Row.
Footpaths in the area will remain open and the working area will be fenced off securely.
Anglian Water have also issued letters to residents around the area about the works and diversion.
The firm have added they will try to minimise disruption to surrounding areas.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk