Road closure in Thetford while work carried out to help alleviate flooding problems
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2011
The School Lane and Bridge's Walk junction will be closed for much of March as a storage chamber is built to help alleviate flooding problems in Thetford.
Anglian Water have said properties along School Lane (also known as Bridge's Walk) have had problems with internal flooding for a number of years.
Work on the chamber is proposed to start on Monday, March 6 and completed on Friday, March 31 and will be located at School Lane and Bridge's Walk junction.
In order to carry out the works, the junction will be closed with a diversion via School Lane, Tanner Street, Raymond Street and Nether Row.
Footpaths in the area will remain open and the working area will be fenced off securely.
You may also want to watch:
Anglian Water have also issued letters to residents around the area about the works and diversion.
The firm have added they will try to minimise disruption to surrounding areas.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?