Road closure causes delays in Dereham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
Roadworks on High Street in Dereham have been causing misery for motorists this morning as queues built up around the town.
Shoppers in the town's Tesco were faced with lengthy delays just trying to leave the car park and get out onto the Yaxham Road roundabout.
Deputy manager Lisa Johnson and colleague Steve Moore handed out around 200 bottles of water to customers who were stuck in cars on the hottest day of the year so far.
She said: 'My priority was getting water out to people. I know what it is like sitting in a load of traffic on a hot day. They were all very grateful.'
She said the traffic was cleared from their car park by 12pm.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed on High Street, which is one-way, from the junction with Norwich Street by the Argos store to Church Street.
It is expected that the work will continue until Thursday, with traffic being diverted around Wellington Road, Matsell Way, Station Road, London Road and Norwich Street.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 10 Farke on his contract situation at City