Road closed and air ambulance called after two-vehicle crash on A11
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The air ambulance landed at what was thought to be a serious crash on the A11 on Thursday night where people had to be cut free from vehicles.
Norfolk Police tweeted at 9pm to say the A11 Norwich-bound at Ketteringham had been closed due to a crash.
Two vehicles were involved and four fire engines rushed to the scene, between the A1075 and the A47.
Crews used hydraulic rescue equipment to free people who were trapped and the air ambulance was also called.
Tailbacks were reported on the busy route and the road was not expected to reopen until 2am on Friday according to Highways England.
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness said they saw police and emergency services working around the side of the road, and into the bank.
Police were diverting traffic and advised choosing alternative routes.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature