Driver seriously hurt after lorry overturns on NDR
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a lorry overturned on the Northern Distributor Road (NDR).
Police were called to the Broadland Northway A1270 at about 5.20am on Monday, November 16 after a lorry had overturned on the roundabout at Salhouse Road.
Firefighters attended and freed the driver, who has since been taken to hospital by ambulance with serious injuries.
The road was closed eastbound from the Wroxham Road roundabout while the lorry was recovered.
It reopened shortly after 2pm once the vehicle was removed and a diesel spillage cleared from the road.
You may also want to watch:
Fire appliances from Sprowston, Carrow and Wroxham attended were called to provide vehicle stability and assist the ambulance service.
The crash has resulted in long delays in the area while there has also been disruption on public transport, with Konectbus tweeting there may be delays due to the overturned lorry.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running