Road blocked following crash on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Sam Docwra
Police have closed a section of road along North Drive in Yarmouth.
Emergency services were called to the scene of an accident involving at least one motorcycle and another vehicle at 5.43pm.
Suffolk Accident Rescue Service charity (SARS) said two motorcyclists were airlifted to hospital.
The road has been closed from Barnard Avenue and traffic is being diverted along Sandown Road.
A SARS volunteer critical care paramedic was sent to the scene and assessed two patients.
SARS said the volunteer paramedic sedated a man in his 40s who had sustained serious leg injuries and he was then airlifted to hospital by an East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Another man was flown to Addenbrooke's by a second air ambulance with multiple, critical injuries.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
There are at least two fire engines and an ambulance on scene.
A police spokesman said: 'It is early days, we have not been on scene long.'
It is understood the air ambulance has been called.
An eyewitness said it looked 'serious.'