Road blocked following crash on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Sam Docwra
Police have closed a section of road along North Drive in Yarmouth.
Emergency services were called to the scene of an accident involving at least one motorcycle and another vehicle at 5.43pm.
Suffolk Accident Rescue Service charity (SARS) said two motorcyclists were airlifted to hospital.
The road has been closed from Barnard Avenue and traffic is being diverted along Sandown Road.
A SARS volunteer critical care paramedic was sent to the scene and assessed two patients.
You may also want to watch:
SARS said the volunteer paramedic sedated a man in his 40s who had sustained serious leg injuries and he was then airlifted to hospital by an East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Another man was flown to Addenbrooke's by a second air ambulance with multiple, critical injuries.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
There are at least two fire engines and an ambulance on scene.
A police spokesman said: 'It is early days, we have not been on scene long.'
It is understood the air ambulance has been called.
An eyewitness said it looked 'serious.'