Elderly woman injured following two-car collision in Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after two cars were in collision on a busy stretch of road in Oulton Broad.
The crash on Bridge Road caused delays around Lowestoft, as the road was blocked for almost two hours.
The crash happened about 10.40am on Wednesday, with the road open as of 12.35pm.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 10.42am this morning to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on Bridge Road, Oulton Broad.
'The driver was able to exit the car, and there are not believed to have been any injuries reported.'
The East of England Ambulance Service also attended. A spokesman said: 'We were called at 10.41am today to Bridge Road to a report of a road traffic collision. An ambulance crew attended to one patient – a woman believed to be in her 80s. She was taken to James Paget University Hospital for further care. Her condition is not believed to be life-threatening or serious.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out