Road blocked by tree in Lowestoft is reopened
- Credit: Archant � 2009
Pakefield Street in south Lowestoft has been reopened after it was closed earlier today because of a fallen tree.
The large tree had become uprooted in last night's (Wednesday's) strong winds.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said they were called at 8.10am this morning (Thursday) with reports that the tree was blocking three quarters of the road.
The road was blocked both ways between Wilson Road and All Saints' Road.
The council's highways department was contacted.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened earlier today.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith