Fancy being a lifesaver? RNLI on hunt for new Norfolk lifeguards
- Credit: Callum Robinson
The RNLI has launched it's 2021 recruitment drive for new lifeguards to spend a season working on some of Norfolk and Waveney's most popular beaches.
The organisation is looking for lifeguards to fill positions at beaches along the coast from Wells-next-the-sea to East Runton, Cromer to Sea Palling and Hemsby to Southwold.
In 2019, the RNLI's lifeguards responded to more than 17,000 incidents and helped almost 30,000 people across the country.
Ted Morgan, RNLI lead lifeguard supervisor, said: "If you are looking for a unique and rewarding summer job, lifeguarding could be the perfect opportunity for you.
"The job is demanding and requires a clear head, commitment, and dedication."
You may also want to watch:
"We’re looking for people with courage, determination and the ability to put their training into action and make the right decision if someone’s life is in danger. It is an incredibly rewarding role."
Successful applicants will receive world-class lifesaving training, enjoy good rates of pay and develop valuable skills for a future career.
For more information on how to apply visit: rnli.org/BeALifeguard
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship