Man jumps into river in Norwich to push drifting boat
- Credit: Archant
A drifting boat was at the centre of a drama on the River Wensum on Monday (July 29) evening.
Police and the fire service were called to the river near to the Compleat Angler pub on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich when it was reported that a vessel was drifting on the river.
It is understood that the boat broke down because the motor failed. A man in his 30s then jumped into the river to push the boat, before managing to get himself back onto dry land.
The boat was eventually secured by the emergency services.
The fire service was called because an unmoored boat affects navigation and they needed to ensure it was secured.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success