Rishi restaurant in Norwich launches monthly competition to celebrate community heroes
- Credit: Archant
An Indian restaurant in Norwich has launched a monthly prize draw to celebrate local heroes in the community.
Rishi restaurant, on Mousehold Lane, is offering a meal for two, worth £50, to those who give up their time to help others.
People can be nominated on the restaurant's Facebook page and a winner will be picked each month.
The Rishi Community Hero for March, Sally Medler, was picked out from more than 30 entries. She works with adults with learning difficulties at Lingwood Care Farm.
Restaurant manager Monty Ali said: 'The community has supported us over the past few years, especially with our appeal night to help the flood victims in Bangladesh.
You may also want to watch:
'People who give up time to help others should be rewarded.'
To nominate a community hero for April, search @rishinorwich on Facebook.
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running