Rishi restaurant in Norwich launches monthly competition to celebrate community heroes
- Credit: Archant
An Indian restaurant in Norwich has launched a monthly prize draw to celebrate local heroes in the community.
Rishi restaurant, on Mousehold Lane, is offering a meal for two, worth £50, to those who give up their time to help others.
People can be nominated on the restaurant's Facebook page and a winner will be picked each month.
The Rishi Community Hero for March, Sally Medler, was picked out from more than 30 entries. She works with adults with learning difficulties at Lingwood Care Farm.
Restaurant manager Monty Ali said: 'The community has supported us over the past few years, especially with our appeal night to help the flood victims in Bangladesh.
You may also want to watch:
'People who give up time to help others should be rewarded.'
To nominate a community hero for April, search @rishinorwich on Facebook.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut