Rishi restaurant in Norwich launches monthly competition to celebrate community heroes
- Credit: Archant
An Indian restaurant in Norwich has launched a monthly prize draw to celebrate local heroes in the community.
Rishi restaurant, on Mousehold Lane, is offering a meal for two, worth £50, to those who give up their time to help others.
People can be nominated on the restaurant's Facebook page and a winner will be picked each month.
The Rishi Community Hero for March, Sally Medler, was picked out from more than 30 entries. She works with adults with learning difficulties at Lingwood Care Farm.
Restaurant manager Monty Ali said: 'The community has supported us over the past few years, especially with our appeal night to help the flood victims in Bangladesh.
You may also want to watch:
'People who give up time to help others should be rewarded.'
To nominate a community hero for April, search @rishinorwich on Facebook.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash