Riders and runners take part in Fakenham’s Easter Sunday Funday
- Credit: Archant
The sun reappeared over town as the 5k running race set off from the Market Place.
Around 150 people raced around the town centre, watched by a crowd of several hundred.
'I think the turn-out's good considering the weather's awful,' said Richard Crook, of organisers Active Fakenham.
'Everybody seems happy, it's another event for the town, it seems to be going well.
'It's the first one, we'll see how it goes, look for feedback and see what we're going to do in the future.'
Runners and riders came from King's Lynn, Norwich and as far afield as London, Surrey and the Midlands to take part in the events. Some 80 took part in the fun run, while both cycle races were fully-surbscribed, with 40 riders.
Roads around the town centre, including Bridge Street, Olivet Way, Whitehorse Street and Norwich Street, will be closed until 6pm.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 9 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk