Rider in ‘serious but stable’ condition after falling from horse near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A young rider was left in a 'serious but stable' condition after falling from her horse.
Magpas Air Ambulance sent its rapid response vehicle to the scene of the incident, near Wisbech, last night.
Today the emergency charity said: 'At 8.14pm last night Magpas doctor Mark Tehan and paramedic Ollie Robinson arrived in a rural location just south of Wisbech via the Magpas Air Ambulance rapid response vehicle.
'They had been called to treat a woman who had been injured when she fell from a horse.
'The Magpas enhanced medical team assessed the patient, who was in her 20's, who had sustained a leg injury.
You may also want to watch:
'They sedated the woman at the scene, providing her with A&E level care, before accompanying her to Addenbrooke's Hospital via land ambulance, monitoring her condition all the way.
'The patient was in a serious but stable condition upon arrival.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community