Rickinghall car linked to attempted murder of woman in Elmswell
- Credit: IAN BURT
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following an incident in Elmswell, near Bury St Edmunds this morning.
Officers received a call from a member of the public at about 8.45am reporting that a vehicle had been seen mounting the pavement and colliding with a woman at Ashfield Road.
The witness said she had then seen the woman being bundled into the vehicle.
Police immediately began enquiries, talking to people in the area and making a search for the vehicle in order to trace the woman and determine what had happened.
These enquiries led to the woman being located around 3pm. She is not believed to be seriously injured and police will be talking to her in due course about what occurred.
You may also want to watch:
During the course of the investigation, at about 11.20am, a 26-year-old man went into Bury St Edmunds police station and said he had been involved in an incident in Elmswell.
A short time later he was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and he has been taken into custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he is being interviewed by detectives.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion
A vehicle believed to be involved in the incident has also been found in Rickinghall, near Diss and is being recovered.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident or anyone in the Elmswell area between 8.30am and 9am who may have been approached by a woman asking for help.
Anyone with information call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 70.