Rick Stein praises Norfolk food
Chef, restaurateur and television presenter Rick Stein was at Jarrold's yesterday, signing books, chatting to fans and posing for photos.
Rick was there to promote his new book Rick Stein's Spain.
Rick said: 'I very much like coming to Norfolk; we did quite a lot of filming here on the coast for Food Heroes, we went mushroom picking in the forests outside Norwich and I've got fond childhood memories of going on the Norfolk Broads.
'I had quite a lot of school friends that lived here so used I came here quite a lot. I also think that Norwich is a very attractive city.
'It's lovely for food; there's very good produce in Norfolk. Cromer crab, very good cockles and you get very nice flat fish on the North Sea.'
You may also want to watch:
Jackie Howell, from Hethersett, said after meeting Rick: 'It's always nice to speak to somebody that you see like to watch all of the time.
'It's lovely of him to come down, especially as we're out of the way a bit. When I spoke to him I asked him if there was a waiting list for his restaurant!'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
Crowds came in a steady flow during the hour, relishing the chance to chat briefly to their food hero.
In addition, Rick also held an 'Evening With…' at Delia's, Carrow Road last night. Guests heard him give a talk, take part in a Q and A session and were served food made from recipes found in his new book.