Rick Astley is first to confirm performance in Thetford Forest’s 2017 summer concert series
- Credit: Archant
The Never Gonna Give You Up singer is the first act to confirm he will perform in Thetford Forest's line up of summer concerts in 2017.
The multi-million selling artist will take to the stage at High Lodge on Saturday, July 1 as part of the Forest Live concert series, promoted by the Forestry Commission.
With his first No 1 album in 29 years, titled '50', Brit Award winner Astley has pulled off a remarkable comeback.
The album has gone gold and has been well received by fans and critics alike, with singles Keep Singing and Angels On My Side raking in nearly 1.8m views on VEVO and over 600,000 streams on Spotify.
Astley was just 21 when he unleashed the iconic single Never Gonna Give You Up. It became the UK's biggest selling single of the year, going on to hit No 1 in 16 countries.
The song became the centrepiece of debut album Whenever You Need Somebody, which sold 15m copies worldwide, cracking the US Top 10 in the process.
The hits continued with Together Forever, She Wants To Dance With Me, Take Me To Your Heart, Hold Me In Your Arms and Cry For Help – helping Astley become the first male solo artist to see his first eight singles reach the UK Top 10.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 10 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
Following on from a run of sold-out indoor spring 2017 tour dates, at the Forest Live gigs fans can look forward to seeing the soulful-voiced singer perform a set of songs from his latest album and greatest hits.
Speaking about the concerts, Astley said: '2017 sees me celebrating 30 years in the music business since my first number one hit. I can't wait to perform as a part of Forest Live and I really hope you can make one of the dates to enjoy the experience with me.'
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission to bring forests to new audiences. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on protecting, improving and expanding England's forests and woodlands and increasing their value to people and wildlife.
Astley will be performing at Thetford Forest on July 1. Tickets are £36.50 (plus £4.15 booking fee) and go on sale at 9am Friday, October 21 from the Forestry Commission box office – call 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music