Review: Ruthie Henshall, her band, friends and special guests at Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Ruthie Henshall and her band put on a phenomenal and exciting show as a fundraising event for the Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds.
Her special guests were Kerry Ellis, the stars of Eric and Little Ern and the local Conservatoire East.
To say there was never a dull moment is an understatement as this was pure, unadulterated entertainment.
Ruthie sang songs from many of the hit shows she has starred in both in the UK and on Broadway. Many Lloyd-Webber compositions featured but especially poignant was her beautiful rendition of 'I Dreamed a Dream' from Les Misérables which could so easily bring you to tears- and probably does.
Kerry sang so stunningly as well and she stated the last time she was on this very stage was thirty years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The 17 year old Tom Barber from Conservatoire East performed a couple of sensational solo pieces. You feel this is a voice you will hear much more in the future.
The uncanny likeness to the original Eric and Ern was fascinating and uncanny, but most of all the predictable humour was as funny as ever.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Ruthie's stage presence, her personality and sheer talent made this a hugely entertaining evening catering for all tastes.