Review of Time Circus’ Air Hotel at Holt Hall
My boyfriend Oli and I were not too sure what to expect from our stay at this unique woodland camp, and as we headed back to normality the following morning, the night before seemed so surreal that we were still not quite sure it had actually happened!
An eccentric cross between Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and children's classics The BFG and The Folk of the Faraway Tree, Time Circus's AirHotel offers a theatrical experience like no other.
From the moment we arrived, we became an integral part of the AirHotel team's fantasy land, as the dreamy characters took us on a meandering wander around their strange surroundings and welcomed us into their magical world.
Our home for the night was El Ambassador, a slick-looking two-person cocoon that appeared to be floating in mid-air.
It was accessed via a trapdoor and, once inside, this space-age pod's glass ceiling meant that we were able to enjoy beautiful views of the trees and the starry night sky while the wind gently rocked the pod which was suspended from trees by cables.
You may also want to watch:
The whole AirHotel experience – from climbing into our crazy accommodation by torchlight to joining in with a sweet dream ritual before bed to sizzling in the Big Fat Hot Madre sauna at the wellness machine – was one of the strangest things we had ever done and also a huge amount of fun.
Enchanting, enthralling, disorientating – our time at the AirHotel was an extremely bizarre experience we will be talking about for a long time to come.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature