Review: Giovanni Pernice at King’s Lynn Festival
- Credit: Archant
Giovanni Pernice's 60-date national tour came to an exciting finale in King's Lynn on Wednesday evening.
Giovanni, who has twice been a finalist in Strictly Come Dancing, and his seven world-class dancers waltzed, jived and salsa'd through the story of his life.
Starting with a touching tribute to his parents in his homeland of Sicily, through his amusing take on his teenage years, to his eventual successful audition for Strictly Come Dancing,
Giovanni and friends never flagged in over two hours, their incredible energy and fast and furious routines leaving the audience calling for more.
With many costume changes and music of all styles (Ed Sheeran's Perfect featuring Andrea Bocelli one moment, Que Sera Sera the next), Giovanni proved to be a charming compere - it was his story after all - joining his dancers in a non-stop whirl of frantic footwork.
You may also want to watch:
The show was produced by King's Lynn's own Paul Irving and featured Luba Mushtuk, who along with Giovanni, will be joining the 2018 cast of Strictly Come Dancing. The curtain
finally came down on a wonderful, feel-good evening of high class, high energy entertainment.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns