Review: Giovanni Pernice at King’s Lynn Festival
- Credit: Archant
Giovanni Pernice's 60-date national tour came to an exciting finale in King's Lynn on Wednesday evening.
Giovanni, who has twice been a finalist in Strictly Come Dancing, and his seven world-class dancers waltzed, jived and salsa'd through the story of his life.
Starting with a touching tribute to his parents in his homeland of Sicily, through his amusing take on his teenage years, to his eventual successful audition for Strictly Come Dancing,
Giovanni and friends never flagged in over two hours, their incredible energy and fast and furious routines leaving the audience calling for more.
With many costume changes and music of all styles (Ed Sheeran's Perfect featuring Andrea Bocelli one moment, Que Sera Sera the next), Giovanni proved to be a charming compere - it was his story after all - joining his dancers in a non-stop whirl of frantic footwork.
The show was produced by King's Lynn's own Paul Irving and featured Luba Mushtuk, who along with Giovanni, will be joining the 2018 cast of Strictly Come Dancing. The curtain
finally came down on a wonderful, feel-good evening of high class, high energy entertainment.
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park