Revealed: The options to dual the A47 between Blofield and North Burlingham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2007
Highways bosses are considering building a new stretches of road south of the current A47 between Blofield and North Burlingham.
Details of the options for the £300m A47 upgrade along six stretches of the A47 will be unveiled at a launch event in Peterborough tomorrow.
Norfolk councillors and MPs were briefed about the plans for the Norfolk stretch of the route today in Norwich.
Highways England said it was at an early phase in the process and could not say how many homes might be affected by the different options.
Engineers have also drawn up plans to build a slip road at the Thickthorn roundabout for northbound A11 drivers heading towards Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
A slip road will also take drivers joining the A11 southbound from the Great Yarmouth direction away from the Thickthorn roundabout.
Plans for new stretched of road on the A47 between Wansford and Sutton to create a dual carriageway will also be unveiled in the brochure of options today.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Work on the Vauxhall and Gapton roundabouts is also part of the £300m upgrade.
New traffic lights will be put in place at both junctions. The Breydon Bridge is due to be widened and the Vauxhall roundabout could be enlarged.
Highways England, which is now running a consultation on the plans for six weeks until April 21, has sent letters to people living in homes which might be affected by the work.
Phil Davie, the senior responsible officer for the A47, said they had done a lot of work looking at the options for the route and feedback would be incredibly valuable.
He said that consultation responses would shape the options they took forward for the route.
He urged people to go to the consultation sessions to be talked through the detail and to ask questions.
Work is not expected to start on the road until March 2020.
A website with the detailed maps is also due to go live tomorrow with details of the consultation events.
There will be three public events for each of the six schemes.
The six schemes are:
A47 Wansford to Sutton; dualling
A47/A141 Guyhirn Junction; junction improvement
A47 North Tuddenham to Easton; dualling
A47 Blofield to North Burlingham; dualling
A47/ A11junction; Thickthorn junction improvement
A47/A12 junction enhancements to the following junctions and roundabouts: Vauxhall and Gapton.