Revealed: the name of Holt’s new supermarket
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
The Co-op is the supermarket which will be opening on the Thaxter's wood yard site in Holt.
This afternoon's announcement, by site developers Norwood Homes, ends months of speculation about which store would be moving on to the Old Station Way site which recently received planning permission from North Norfolk District Council.
A statement said Norwood's partners had agreed to release the site to the Anglia Regional Cooperative Society.
Work on the store will begin in the new year and it is scheduled to open in autumn 2014. The supermarket will pay architectural homage to the buildings of the Midland and Great Northern Railway, the company which built the railway line to Holt.
Norwood partner Tim Schofield said Anglia Regional Co-op would be a 'very good fit' with what was already available in Holt. The company had a strong track record for stocking local produce and working with local charities. It would also create numerous jobs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE