Resurfacing works in Tharston, near Long Stratton, to close road
- Credit: Archant
A South Norfolk road will be closed to allow works to take place.
On Sunday, October 29 Chequers Road in Tharston, near Long Stratton, will be closed for carriageway resurfacing works.
The closure will extend from the junction with Flowerpot Lane for a distance of approximately eight metres.
The work is being carried out between 7.30am and 7.30pm and is expected to be completed in one day - subject to suitable weather conditions.
During the works the road will be closed to all through traffic and a fully signed diversion, via Flowerpot Lane, The Street and Swane Lane, will be in operation.
You may also want to watch:
Access to businesses and properties within the limits of the closure will be maintained from one end at all times but there may be some disruption.
The £24,000 works will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department and contractors.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us