Bypass to close for five nights for resurfacing
- Credit: Google Maps
Work to resurface a section of a busy bypass will mean closing it for five nights.
From Monday, March 29, a section of the Downham Market A1122 Southern Bypass from the roundabout with the A1122 Western Bypass to the junction at Sovereign Way will be closed overnight from 7pm to 7.30am.
During this time there will be no access to the section of road, which will remain open at all other times.
There will be access to businesses and properties during the closure from the eastern end of the works, although there may be some short delays.
A diversion route will be signposted and signs will advise that businesses are open as usual.
You may also want to watch:
The £116,000 scheme is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s community and environmental services department and their contractors.
It is one of the final schemes to get underway under a £22m highway funding package for Norfolk announced in May 2020, to fund schemes in the 2020-21 financial year.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder