Pub to hold 12-hour fundraiser in memory of popular young man
- Credit: Archant
A pub near Dereham is hosting a 12-hour charity fundraiser in memory of a young man who died of cancer.
The Lodge in North Tuddenham will be holding #FREDFEST in aid of 'It's On The Ball' testicular cancer in memory of local man Fred Riseborough.
Fred was 24 when he died of germ cell cancer, which causes testicular cancer.
There will be live music along with an outdoor disco and free children's entertainment this Saturday, July 6.
Victoria Hunt, owner at The Lodge said: "Fred was a young man of just 24 who lived locally, was a member of the young farmers, a customer of the lodge and worked for a company within North Tuddenham when he unfortunately lost his fight to cancer.
You may also want to watch:
"We want to raise awareness in the hope that younger men will start checking themselves earlier.
"We hope you can join us in celebrating Fred's life and spreading the word which is something so hugely important and significant to Fred's family and friends"
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue