Reports of serious sexual assault in the grounds of Great Yarmouth Minster Church
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
Investigations are ongoing after a report of a serious sexual assault in the grounds of a church in Great Yarmouth.
The incident is believed to have taken place sometime between 10.30pm and 11pm on Friday (February 3) in the grounds of The Minster Church of St. Nicholas off Church Plain, Great Yarmouth.
The victim is being supported by specialist officers, who have been working with her to obtain a fuller account of the incident.
There were reports of police activity in the area on Saturday morning with the area being taped off by officers.
The minster is England's largest parish church and was rebuilt after bomb damage during the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
• Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det. Insp Richard Ellis on 101.
Alternatively you can call the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use their online form www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?