Reports of serious sexual assault in the grounds of Great Yarmouth Minster Church
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
Investigations are ongoing after a report of a serious sexual assault in the grounds of a church in Great Yarmouth.
The incident is believed to have taken place sometime between 10.30pm and 11pm on Friday (February 3) in the grounds of The Minster Church of St. Nicholas off Church Plain, Great Yarmouth.
The victim is being supported by specialist officers, who have been working with her to obtain a fuller account of the incident.
There were reports of police activity in the area on Saturday morning with the area being taped off by officers.
The minster is England's largest parish church and was rebuilt after bomb damage during the Second World War.
• Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det. Insp Richard Ellis on 101.
Alternatively you can call the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use their online form www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend