Reno Wine and VanVino in Wymondham lead fundraising effort for Mid Norfolk Railway after vandalism incident
- Credit: Supplied
Two Wymondham businesses are raising a glass after helping to raise hundreds of pounds to repair a railway line targeted by vandals.
Several thousands of pounds worth of damage was caused to carriages on the Mid Norfolk Railway in Dereham earlier this month.
Reno Wine and VanVino led a fundraising effort for the railway during their most recent 'gin train' event.
More than £310 has been raised to help repair the railway, along with a further £100 donation from the business' founders, Chris White and Johnny Wyndham.
The pair have been hosting wine and gin tastings on trains on the line, which runs through Wymondham, for the past year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr White said: 'We had 125 guests take part in our gin tasting and the support and donations they have given Mid Norfolk Railway is wonderful.'
Mr Wyndham added: 'In the MNR's time of need, local spirit rallied for them.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation