Reno Wine and VanVino in Wymondham lead fundraising effort for Mid Norfolk Railway after vandalism incident
- Credit: Supplied
Two Wymondham businesses are raising a glass after helping to raise hundreds of pounds to repair a railway line targeted by vandals.
Several thousands of pounds worth of damage was caused to carriages on the Mid Norfolk Railway in Dereham earlier this month.
Reno Wine and VanVino led a fundraising effort for the railway during their most recent 'gin train' event.
More than £310 has been raised to help repair the railway, along with a further £100 donation from the business' founders, Chris White and Johnny Wyndham.
The pair have been hosting wine and gin tastings on trains on the line, which runs through Wymondham, for the past year.
Mr White said: 'We had 125 guests take part in our gin tasting and the support and donations they have given Mid Norfolk Railway is wonderful.'
Mr Wyndham added: 'In the MNR's time of need, local spirit rallied for them.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash