Reminder to lock doors and windows after walk-in burglary in Norwich
- Credit: IAN BURT
Detectives have warned people to lock their doors and windows are a walk-in burglary in Norwich.
The incident happened at an address in the Clabon Third Close area sometime between 3pm and 4pm yesterday.
Suspects entered through an unlocked rear door and stole a wallet and five pound coins.
Detective Constable Sharon Fish, of Bethel Street CID, said: 'Many of the thieves we encounter just try their luck in the hope of finding a property that's not been left securely so we would advise residents to make sure you're leaving all doors and windows locked as otherwise you're leaving yourself at far greater risk of being burgled.
'I would urge householders to fit locks, which are fit for purpose for all doors and accessible windows and get into the routine of checking that your windows and doors are closed and locked, even if you're at home, before you go to bed and when you leave the house.
'In the meantime we are asking residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour as it may assist us with our investigations.'
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated or anyone with information should contact DC Fish on 101.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'