Remember a loved one this Christmas in our special supplement
- Credit: Getty Images/VStock RF
Christmas is a special time for families and friends but it can also be hard when loved ones are no longer with us to share the festive season.
This Christmas we are publishing a special supplement giving readers the chance to pay tribute to loved ones who have passed away and to share treasured memories, photos and messages.
We have teamed up with East of England Co-op Funeral Services for the supplement which will be called Remembering Together This Christmas and will be available in copies of the Eastern Daily Press in mid December.
Andrew Dawes, head of the East of England Co-op Funeral Services, said: 'Having been supporting generations of local families for over 90 years, we understand that Christmas can be particularly difficult for those who have lost someone dear to them. Tree to Remember and our carol concerts and services are an important part of the ongoing support we offer bereaved families in our region. We're very pleased that, with the support of the Eastern Daily Press, we're able to extend our care and support this Christmas.'
East of England Co-op Funeral Services have been supporting local families for more than 90 years, and during the festive season provide many ways for people to remember and celebrate the lives of their loved ones. This traditionally includes Tree to Remember, which invites people to tie a message or memory on a tree at each of the East of England Co-op Funeral Services branches and carol concerts, and has seen thousands of messages left over the past decade.
You may also want to watch:
• To be part of the Remembering Together This Christmas supplement, send a photograph of the person you are remembering, along with your message or memory in no more than 40 words, to email@example.com by Sunday, December 3.
• East of England Co-op Funeral Services will host a Tree to Remember carol service at Norwich's St Peter Mancroft Church on Tuesday, December 5 at 7.30pm. Tickets are free but must be booked in advance by calling the East of England Co-op Funeral Services team on 01603 850744 or visiting the St Stephens Square branch.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
This year money raised from donations to Tree to Remember will be divided between hospices including East Anglia's Children's Hospices, St Helena Hospice, St Elizabeth Hospice, St Nicholas Hospice, Norfolk Tapping House and Farleigh Hospice.