Reload Festival 2017: Billy Ocean and Soul II Soul announced as headliners as line-up is revealed
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower - 99PROBS Music
Billy Ocean and Soul II Soul will headline Reload Festival at the Norfolk Showground this September.
The full line-up for the event, which takes place from September 8 to 10, has been revealed today and features artists such as Blue, Level 42, The South, ASWAD, Kenny Thomas and Jocelyn Brown.
As one of the UK's biggest solo exports, Grammy award-winning R&B sensation Billy Ocean is known for songs such as Caribbean Queen and When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Gets Going and is preparing to treat fans to a huge, hit-filled set.
Joining him on the main stage are the original Funki Dreds Soul II Soul, who stormed into public consciousness in the late 80s with tracks like Back To Life.
Embracing dancefloor fillers from classic eras of pop, disco, soul and more, Reload Festival is a 'must-visit weekend experience for anyone looking for two days of quality music, great food and drink and activities for partiers of all ages' according to event organisers.
Rick Astley, UB40, M People, The Beat, Howard Jones and The Boomtown Rats have all performed at the festival in previous years.
Other acts confirmed to perform for 2017 include acid jazz legends Brand New Heavies, French disco groovers The Gibson Brothers, 70s pop band Mungo Jerry, DJ Craig Charles, BBC1Xtra main man Trevor Nelson, as well as Heatwave, Odyssey, Danny Rampling, Human Jukebox, Steve Friend, Pete Walkden, Harry Pearce and Jay Funk.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite
Also taking place over the two days will be a vintage funfair, dance classes, Club Tropicana, kids workshops, record stores, pub quizzes and Abbey Road Studios' Songshack.
The announcement follows news that Craig David and Pendulum will be headlining the Sundown Festival at the Showground in September as well.
Early bird tickets for the festival are available from 10am today.
General sale tickets will be released on Tuesday, 25 April at 10am. Children under 14 go free.
For more information, visit reloadfestival.co.uk