Release the hounds! Annual Lowestoft greyhound walk hoping to attract record numbers
- Credit: Archant
They are often seen haring around racetracks, hot in pursuit of electronic rabbits.
However, on June 11, scores of greyhounds will be allowed to go at a more leisurely pace, as pooches and their owners in Lowestoft take part in a global event.
A pack of greyhounds will take to the town to take part in the Great Global Greyhound Walk, in what will be the fifth time Lowestoft has held such an event.
Organiser Rebecca Carr, who will be attending with her greyhound Arthur, says she is hoping for a record breaking year for the event.
She said: 'I am hoping that this year will be our biggest yet. Our particular record in Lowestoft is 75 greyhounds walking, and for our fifth anniversary I'm hoping to beat it.
You may also want to watch:
'We welcome all sighthound families and anyone wishing to find out more about our fantastic breed.'
The walk beings at All Saints Road car park in Pakefield at 11am.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 OPINION: Norfolk's coast needs some soul-searching to decide its future