Relay for Life looks for more participants
People are being urged to take part in this year's Great Yarmouth Relay for Life on July 21 and 22.
The Relay for Life at Cliff Park High School, Gorleston, will be raising funds for Cancer Research UK and organisers hope to raise �50,000.
Organisers are looking for a minimum of 25 teams to take part, with members taking turns to walk or run continuously throughout the relay which starts at 1pm on Saturday, July 21 and finishes at 9am the next morning.
People of all ages can take part but there must be at least four adults for a team made up of youngsters.
Teams are also being encouraged to wear fancy dress.
You may also want to watch:
During the Relay for Life, which had previously been held at Caister High School, there will be fun activities for spectators and teams, such as live music, pilates and zumba sessions, a midnight quiz and other games.
There will be a Candle of Hope ceremony in memory of loved ones who died or suffered from cancer and cancer survivors will be leading off the relay. To take part each member must pay a registration fee of �15, which include a Relay for Life T-shirt.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
For information call 01493 667769 or 07775 768418 or email email@example.com.