Reindeer escapes from Christmas event
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A reindeer was on the loose in north Norfolk this afternoon after it escaped from a Christmas event.
But it didn't take long for Santa's little helpers to track down the missing animal and reunite it with its owners.
Norfolk police tweeted: "Christmas is saved!!!! Call received in our control room about a loose reindeer in the north Norfolk area. A few phone calls later and Santa's little helpers are on their way to collect!"
Inspector Gina Hopkinson, of Norfolk Police, said later: "The reindeer was only on the loose a matter of minutes. It was found, alone, in a field. It has now been reunited with its owners."
The police are not giving out the exact address where the reindeer was found.
You may also want to watch:
It's not known if the reindeer is owned by a local family or was brought to the area for the event.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort