Regional community projects receive £1,000 funding each
- Credit: PA
Two regional community projects have been selected to receive £1000 each, as part of the Persimmon Homes Anglia Community Champions scheme.
The national match-funding programme seeks to support groups and charities working to improve the quality of life or environment for local people.
Aylsham St Giles Cricket Club provides training to a range of adult, junior and senior teams, and will use the £1,000 windfall towards new sporting equipment to help introduce young members of the community to the sport.
Abbey Kindergarten Pre-School in Wymondham welcomes children aged two to school age.
The pre-school is a charity organisation which is run by a committee of parents, and provides care and education for children in the community. The match-funding donation from Persimmon Homes will help fund a new outdoor shed as well as new equipment for its children.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage