Reepham man charged after police stop a car containing white powder, cannabis and a police traffic sign stashed in the footwell
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Police patrols in Aylsham have led to a 20-year-old man being charged with a series of offences.
Officers stopped a car seen in suspicious circumstances in Hungate Street on Friday night and searched the vehicle after smelling cannabis.
A quantity of cannabis and white powder was seized along with a 'police accident' sign which was found in the footwell.
The driver was arrested and taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre where he was later charged.
Nick Davis, of New Road, Reepham, faces charged of theft in relation to the police traffic sign, and two counts of drug possession in connection with cannabis and mephedrone.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on July 25.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail