Reepham friends set up walking challenge for charity
He hates camping and has never done any serious walking but 16-year-old Callum Pell will put his best foot forward to raise money for charity.
The Reepham High School student not only has four friends helping him complete a 45-mile walk along the Norfolk Coast Path this summer, he also has a true inspiration to see him through.
He will be walking in memory of his mum Sue Pell, who lost her battle with cancer last year.
'We are raising money for Cancer Research for my mum,' he said. 'It is something I have wanted to do for ages and when she died we started planning it. It does help to make me feel a bit better about it.'
Callum will be joined by friends and fellow Principal's Council students Harry Southgate, who is head boy, Alannah Young, head girl, and Emily Baker and Emily Gilbert, who like him, are deputies.
You may also want to watch:
They will walk the 45 miles from Cromer to Hunstanton in three days over the August bank holiday, camping along the way and carrying all their equipment.
'All of us, except Callum, did our bronze Duke of Edinburgh award last year so we have some walking experience,' said Alannah. 'We wanted to do something that was a challenge and was a substantial distance.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
'We should all have our GCSE results a few days before so hopefully we will all be in good spirits.'
The five have set a goal of £1000 to raise for the charity but they are already close to £700 without too much publicity.
To donate to their effort visit the website https://www.justgiving.com/Callum-Pell.
* Are you doing something amazing for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.