Veteran has photos from naval career stolen in Reedham burglary
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A precious photo album belonging to a Royal Navy veteran illustrating his long career has been stolen from his home.
The pensioner's house in Station Road, Reedham was broken into between 10am last Saturday and 11am on Monday.
Cash was stolen along with the album containing photos of the veteran in his Navy uniform, the ships he served on and images of the atomic bomb tests on Christmas Island in 1957.
The album is from China and has a black shellac cover and features pictures of the ships he served on.
Det Con Gill Dawson at Great Yarmouth CID said to have such a sentimental item stolen is devastating for the victim and urged anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I am keen to see the victim reunited with his historic records.'
Anyone with information should call Det Con Dawson at Great Yarmouth CID on 101 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft