Why not get a donkey for Mother’s Day?
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk animal sanctuary is offering a Mother's Day gift that with leave her in hee-awe.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary has a number of Mother's Day gifts that will help support the 1,500 rescued donkeys, horses and ponies.
Inspired by the donkey Esther, who was rescued with her mother Martha more than 10 years ago, their family bond has helped them survive.
Redwings, based in Hapton, near Norwich, has launched a selection of charity gifts. Each gift sold will provide for the sanctuary's residents.
Supporters can choose a donation of £20 to provide care at the Redwings Horse Hospital or £45 to help keep a donkey warm with bedding and rugs.
You may also want to watch:
Stephanie Callen said: 'The sanctuary is full of wonderful mothers who have endured terrible suffering for the sake of their babies.
'You'll not only be offering a truly beautiful gift for your own mother or loved one, but also these amazing animals.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
To find out more visit www.redwings.org.uk